Throughout the last few months, I have successfully used the integrated camera of my XPS 1530 to do video conferencing with friends and family. However, recently, I’ve been looking more into actually recording videos for some other purposes. So I started looking for some other software.
I soon found a little program called Cheese, which allows you to take photos and video very easily. It actually has some very interesting effects as well, for both video and photo.
To my surprise, I find that Cheese isn’t quite working for me. It’s not loading any photo or video as I load it. I found this highly irritating, naturally, especially when I have no problems with Skype or AMSN.
After a quick search online, I found the following solution:
- Go to System > Administration > Software Sources.
- Click on the Updates tab.
- Check “intrepid-proposed” and “intrepid-backports” and click Close.
- When it asks about update, select Update.
- It should ask you to reboot and once you’ve done this, you’re good to go.